Today is Imbolc. That has me thinking of past, present, and future. Of moving out of the winter of now, to the green of tomorrow. I was raised catholic, but it didn't stick. I'm mostly Buddhist, but I celebrate the seasons and the natural world. I always have. It makes a whole lot more sense to me than Catholism.
When I was young, I felt more part of the natural world, then the people world. I was connected to it in a way that I'm not anymore. Today, I need to be connected to the people world, but to do that, I had to give up something else - equivalent exchange, but I am discovering, hoping, that I can find a balance between the two.
I think it's really funny that we all do little magics under different names. My room mate is pagan so I am celbrating Imbolc with her. She does magic. I do other things, but we come out with the same results. I can't put into words or give a name to what I have been doing naturally all my life. I have always tried to influence, bless, ward, heal the world and people around me. I didn't ever call it magic, it was just a natural part of me and seemed to be what needed to be done.
Today, the Law of Attraction plays a big part in my life and I influence things through it, or try too :) My roommate uses her rituals and spells. I just organize my reality. Same results different words. I have to put up walls sometimes or I get overwhelmed by people feelings and physical problems (part of why I was a good massage therapist). I look at this as a mental discipline and use of mental resources. She looks at it as magic. Same results different words.
So, for Imbolc, we are planting flowers in special pots. We have selected special rocks to symbolize different things that we want to work on. The rocks are placed in purified/blessed water and as we feel each thing is achieved, the rock is taken out of the water. I'm going to reiki my water. I'm not sure what she is doing to her's. I also plan on writing down things I need to let go of, that are causing me pain and problems in my life, and burning the paper in a fire. All symbols of rebirth and growth.
In the same vain, the Christian's have named this day Candlemass. They celebrate Mary and light candles to her as part of purification rituals. Again, different name, same result.
Tonight, in addition to my fire and planting, I will also be leaving buttered bread and milk outside. My cats will thank me if nothing else.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment